The Silver Suitcase

The Silver Suitcase

I just checked out the digital copy of this book from my local library's ebooks because the pretty cover makes me want to read the story. I normally don't like reading ebooks but I'm too lazy to make my trip to the library to check out the print copy.  This is the second ebook that I'm reading in my life. At this point, I've realized that one advantage that ebooks have over printed books is that ebook can be read in the dark, on a big computer screen, making it easier to read in the evening when interior lights are dim. But whether I'm reading a printed book or an ebook, concentration is a challenge for me.  It's very hard for me to hold my attention when I'm reading, particularly when I'm reading fictions.  This is why I had read only a few books of fictions in my entire life, not counting the ones that were the required readings during my K-12 education. So, this is another book which tests my attention span.  So far, I don't know what the story has to do with the book title.  I've read 5 chapters on the quiet rural life in Manitoba Canada, in the 30s, on small talks and household chores. But I'm not finding anything page-turning thus far, even though I suddenly feel more grateful for my life because I have easy access to the washing machine and a dryer.  I'm glad I don't live in the 30s when I would have to hang clothes on clothing lines, hoping it wouldn't rain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel