Next Year in Havana

Next Year in Havana - Reese Witherspoon's book club pick

I had never borrowed one book from any library in my entire life, so I'm going to borrow my first book (see the picture above)  from my local library.  I don't even have a library card.  I'm one of the many people who rarely stepped inside my local library; rarely in my case  means never.  The last time when I was in a library was when I was in college. I visited my college's beautiful library  may be  for about 4-5 times.  Except for the one time when  I attempted to go there to study, the rest of my visits were for some group projects for which my groups wanted to meet in the library.   I only tried to study once in my college library because I couldn't sit still there. I found the library too distracting for me to study in. I ended up wandering in the huge beautiful library, from floor to floor, people watching and  snooping on books and magazines, when I wasn't internet surfing on the library computers. I never checked out a book from that beautiful college library because I didn't like the "old" odor and the wear and tear on the books.  I didn't enjoy the touch of those old books.  They made my hands feel dry and dusty.  When I was in high school, I had never even stepped in my high school's library for once.  It's because one of my library loving high school friends often showed me the very old books she borrowed from the school library, and it only took me one look at them and one sniff at them to make me lose all my curiosity to enter the small and plain looking high school library which didn't have the beautiful architecture to attract me.

But sometime this week, I'm planning to visit my local library to check out the above book. It's because I have accumulated  many books at home and I can't afford the space to acquire another new book before I can give some  away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel