A Daybook of Prayer

A Daybook of Prayer

I'm not religious, I find going to church boring and I find it even more boring when I had to read the  bible or listen to the pastor read the bible.   But I somehow enjoy this prayer book.  I'm "trying" to read a prayer from this daily.  I just read one for today, " Your healing touch, O Lamb of God, makes me whole. Your are everything  that I need. Amen."  I may have my doubts about the bible, but I do recognize  the fact that the human body has  its own healing power (immunity) is on its own  a miracle that I had experienced many times in my life, e.g. , recently I recovered from a really nasty cold that lasted from mid April to mid May.  I felt so tortured by it. But somehow my body's immune system won again and, without the help of a doctor or medical science, just on its own. Of course, I did give myself a lot of rest and a lot of orange juice and  chicken soup.  But besides my parents who gave me my genes and therefore my immunity, who should I  thank my immunity for?  I can only think of God, even though I've been always dodging my friends' invite to go to church, and I absolutely have a hard time believing in Jesus and most of the stuff written in the Bible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel