Big Book of Garden Designs

Big Book of Garden Designs

According to the rule of decluttering, I'm supposed to get rid of this book because I'm currently living in a rental apartment that doesn't have any yard to garden.  I bought this book when I was looking for a house to buy and I thought this book would come in handy when I have a house with a yard.  But after many months' house hunting, I gave up because I realized I couldn't afford the price of a single-family home.  Growing up, nobody ever  told me buying a home could be so beyond reach.  I wish my parents had warned me. I wish my teachers in my K-12 years told me, and I certainly wish the economics classes that I took in college had shown me. But no, my entire childhood and young adulthood, I thought buying a house was just a natural step in the process of growing up, as natural as getting boobs.  Little did I anticipate that I could grow up and not be able to afford a house.  I have since come to terms with it  and I have since learnt how to  "semi-happily" settle in my rental apartment.

Anyhow, I'm still not ready to  part with this book yet...even though I no longer dream of owning my single-family home.  But I'm currently selling another  great garden books of mine (in new condition) for $2.00 because I bought 2 of them due to my short memory. (This is why I'm now having this blog, keeping track and counting the books & magazines that I own.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel