The Wonderful Things You Will Be

The Wonderful Thigs Yoou Will Be

This is a great book to read to babies.  The illustrations are bold and fun and the text is read like a song.  The text is inspiring and very positive.  I enjoy reading it to my little niece who currently needs a little boost of self-esteem.  I bought this book for my niece who is currently having a lot of resentment towards her new born brother because of jealousy.  She once called her brother a scumbag when he cried. I don't know where she picked up the "word" but her mother immediately punished her in front of the visitors (like all of us, the relatives).  I could see the humiliation that my little niece must be feeling because her face showed it. Yet, other than pulling my little niece into my arms and giving her a hug after her punishment by her mother, I couldn't do anything to change her mother's style of parenting.  I told my niece she needed to look at her brother in the eyes and apologize gently. But she was so humiliated by her mother that she angrily refused.  I so wish  to tell her mother to never punish my little niece in front of everybody but I'm really not in a position to tell a mother how she should raise her child.  So I bought this book to gift to my niece and read to her, knowing how she loved to sometimes copy what I did.   I tell her to read it to her brother whenever she feels bad about him. I tell her she can either choose to feel upset by the baby, or she can choose to turn her baby brother into her best friend by reading together with him and have some fun together...I tell her the choice is hers to make.  Hopefully, she will make the right choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel