The Miniaturist: A Novel

The Miniaturist: A Novel

Comments

  1. The first 4 pages of this book is about a boring and weird funeral in the 17th century Amsterdam. It's boring in the sense that the English that describes the funeral is unlike the straightforward language that I'm used to when I read the contemporary American fictions. The tone of these pages just sound ancient and boring. Maybe that's exactly how a historical fiction should be written? I think the funeral is weird because there was this mysterious woman who was judging the funeral the entire time while staring at another mysterious girl at that funeral, whom I have no idea who she is or how she is related to the dead person. I had never been to Amsterdam, and I have a hard time visioning the setting of the funeral clearly. So far, this book isn't a page turner for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you also have the above book in your home library, or if you have read the book, please feel free to enter your comment or book review in the comment area below:)

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel