The Girl From Home

Book Club: The Girl From Home

Okay, I'm borrowing another book from my local library. The title caught my interest because years ago I had glued myself to the Barnes & Noble Cafe to read "The Girl On the Train" and I couldn't put the book down.  I hope I'll enjoy this book just as much.  If you had read this book already, please leave a comment in the comment box below to let me know how you like it.

My thought on Chapter One: 
This chapter is just the detailed description of the first sentence of the back-cover blurb.  It introduced the main character - Joanthan Caine, the Wall-Street man and his beautiful trophy wife in greater details, in terms of their backgrounds, age, appearance, style, etc.  Jonathan made millions a year in Wall Street, and yet he was still living from paycheck to paycheck just like many of us. He just had a mortgage in the balance of millions of dollars, and he had monthly expenses in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, and both the Federal and State goverrnments together took half of his pay through taxes.  So, I get it, rich people also have their problems, is that it?

P.S. I'm now giving a bunch of magazines and books that are like new in condition to make space in my cluttered bookshelf.  Feel free to click here to check them out before you head to the bookstore to spend money to buy any of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel