The Bookstore Sisters

The Bookstore Sisters: A Short Story

I just finished reading this book and I love it.  It's a heart warming and sweet short story.  I read the Kindle verson and I just  wish there were recipes for Isabel's mom's baked goods. This story is about how two estranged sisters got back together after many years of completely avoiding each other. It's about the willingness to open up to the second chance in life.  I overall find this short story very enjoyable. It's just satisfying for me to finally finish a book because I had given up or put away too many lengthy novels half-way through my reading. This book should be made into a Hallmark movie.

The lines that I like from this book:

"She had promise back then-all her teachers had told her so-but promise can disappear if you leave it to flounder." pg. 3

"He had planned to travel the day someday, that day had never come, and he'd gone exactly nowhere."

"Suddenly, here she was in her thirties, with no family and no one to love, and she'd begun, only rarely and at odd hours, to think she'd made a terrible mistake." pg. 12

"The worst part is when you blame yourself." pg. 25

"A writer is, after all, only half his book.  The other half is the reader and from the reader the writer learns." pg. 30

"How love could change a person, how it could cause you the greatest sorrow or shelter you from harm." pg. 34


My Thought
So, dog walking can be a full-time career that provides a living in expensive New York City? Is this fictional or is it actually possible in reality?  This is what the book's main character Isabel did.

The scene where Isabel being on a boat going back to New York, leaving her sister Sophie standing at he shore after attending the funeral of Sophie's huband; and not seeing or talking to Sophie for years after that, (pg. 10) just made me feel so sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nothing Down for the 2000s: Dynamic New Wealth Strategies in Real Estate Hardcover $1.00

Christmas Angels: Gabriel's Angel / First Impressions by Nora Roberts

Free Book Giveaway: The Little Paris Bookshop: A Novel